1. why on Earth do I keep saying "dude", I'll need to come up with another term.
2. hubster grilled up some skillet chicken and mama sliced it up for a salad... loaded with arugula, spinach, pears, chicken, Gorgonzola and walnuts. it's the bees knees 🐝
3. fun fact: arugula was thought to be an aphrodisiac back in the day 😳 now not so much BUT it's loaded with potassium and vitamin C... so there's that.
just a bit of salad trivia for ya.
what's your favorite salad... it's kinda a strange, but I use to think salads were so much better IN a restaurant... then I learned, I could make them at home JUST as yummy!!! the key... good lettuce. fresh ingredients (duh). the extras (roasted walnuts? candied pecans? speciality cheeses?). the dressing. um... so the all the ingredients really ;)
anywho. here's the ingredients to this yummy bowl of greens.
- 1 handful of arugula
- 1/2 handful of spinach
- 1/2 handful of romaine
- 1 chicken breast (roasted), diced
- 1/4 cup of roasted walnuts, chopped
- 1 tbsp of Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 pear, diced
- 1 tbsp of light vinaigrette dressing
- wash, dry and chop the lettuce... place in large bowl
- take chicken breast and chop it into bits then place in bowl of lettuce
- add the rest of the ingredients into the bowl except for the dressing and toss together
- drizzle dressing on top and serve immediately
* if you want to save the salad for later, then place in a clean mason jar and seal it properly. do not place the dressing in the mason jar- save until ready to eat. place salad in the refrigerator for 24-48 hours.
love + gumption.
The Brain + Gut Health Explorer