Honestly. When writing this blog, I struggled with how I actually use ALMONDS for a beauty hack. Seriously, though... "almonds in my beauty regimen, how in the heck?"
Buttttttttttt... then I realized, I do use almonds in my beauty regimen. Well, it's almond oil. That counts, right? Almond oil is cold-pressed from the seeds of the sweet almond tree (thank you, Essential Oils book!). Almond oil is suitable for most skin types... it's gentle enough for sensitive skin!
Goodness of Almond Oil:
- Natural moisturizer - helps soothe dry, irritated skin
- Gentle oils - even heard it can be used to treat diaper rash
- Excellent make-up remover
- Treats chapped lips
Need a few more bits about the goodness of Almond Oil, check it out here!
Now. Here's a sweet DIY eye-makeup remover recipe I found... about a year or two ago. BUT, it was also spotted on JH's website, so I thought... "why not give her some credit?" So. Here you go, love!
by Julianne Hough
- 2 Tbsp witch hazel (you can even use lavender or rose petal)
- 2 Tbsp natural almond oil
- 2 Tbsp water (filtered water is suggested)
- Add all ingredients to your container dispenser. Bonus points: if you re-use bottle you already have... we tend to use mason jars for everything.
- Shake up ingredients.
- Swipe over closed eyelids with makeup pad.
NOTE: it's recommend to test the remover on the inside of your wrist overnight before putting on your eyes - be on the safe side! And... most likely will keep for 2-3 days in an airtight container placed in the fridge!
If you have any tidbits about almonds + recipes on how YOU use them, then share below or shoot me an email, I'd love to learn more.
Because the more you know... the more you grow! Until then...
love + gumption.
Brain + Gut Health Explorer