dudes + dudettes.
one question I tend to get DAILY is how do I typically break my fast! well. let's pump the breaks love. first. if you want to know why I tend to skip breakfast, you can score the details HERE!
otherwise, let's move on.... shall we?
now. I love a good breakfast which includes: eggs, avocado and leafy greens... it's one of my FAVORITE ways to kick off my nutrition; however, with this summer's schedule. I am finding it a wee bit challenging to travel with my droopy eggs in a bowl. and avocado doesn't really keep well in the ice-chest.
that being said, I needed something to keep me FUELED UP with our fast-paced summer routine + energized to throughout the mid-morning/afternoon until I could hanker down for lunch... and lunch is typically around 2-3pm and is a BIG SASS COBB SALAD!
I wanted to make sure the smoothie contained a few key things for optimal brain health... blueberries, leafy greens and healthy fats! if you want to dive deeper into my NO BRAINERS, love, I got you covered... read more HERE! otherwise, let's move on to the RECIPE!
- cup of spinach, washed thoroughly
- 1 tbsp of almond butter, I like crunchy!
- *you can opt for any nut-butter of your choice, just not peanuts because they are a legume, right!
- 1 tbsp of flax seeds
- 1 cup of almond milk (or coconut milk), go for unsweetened
- 1/2 cup of blueberries, organic
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein source
- personally, I like Ancient Nutrition: Bone Broth/Collagen Vanilla
- BLEND 'EM!
Now. I'll be real with you, here are some helpful tips which I have discovered along the way!
- frozen spinach is HEAVEN... you save + tend not to waste (cause it's more than likely not to spoil) PLUS you don't have to add ICE!
- blend the frozen leafy greens and berries FIRST... then add the other ingredients! You'll thank me for this later.
At the end of the juicing process, I will actually take a strainer and strain the pulp out of the juice (I don't like pulp, you have been warned twice ;) ha!). The pulp will actually go onto our compost pile... and the juice I will store in sealed glass containers in the fridge! We will drink within 24-48hours.
Whew! That's it... now, if you try it, tag me and let me see!!!
pssstttt...as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
love + gumption.
The Brain + Gut Health Explorer