[RECIPE] Paleo Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Feb 13, 2021
Let's just get to the goods with the recipe, shall we? This is an absolute favorite of our twins, the Gillies and this mama doesn't feel too bad when I see them munching down on them because it's loaded with healthy fats and a wee bit of sweetness. Okay, a lot of sweetness because I tend to go heavy handed on the chocolate chip morsels!
ALMOND BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Using a baking sheet, line it properly with parchment paper OR simply grease up a muffin tin for quick easy pop-out cookie/muffins.
- Now, I like to use as MINIMAL DISHES as possible for easy clean up. So, you do you, love. Scoop out one cup of almond butter (creamy is best) and melt for 30 seconds in a microwave approved dish. Melted almond butter is SUPER easy to mix.
- In the melted almond butter dish, whisk in the egg and stir in the maple syrup.
- Add in the almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla and sea salt in the almond butter mixture.
- Once thoroughly mixed together, toss in the chocolate chip morsels and stir. You'll notice the mixture is a wee bit more gooey than the typical cookie dough, this is okay! Keep moving forward.
- You got your cookie dough mixed and your oven heated, time to spoon out a wee bit of the dough into melted dough blobs onto your lined cookie sheet. Note these melted dough blobs will generously expand so place a few inches apart.
- Bake at 350F degrees for 11 minutes (or less pending your oven). Then remove from the oven with caution. Allow the cookies to cool thoroughly before digging in!
And that's it!
The Gillies tend to help me in the kitchen whip up these cookies... and we use a huge glass measuring cup to mix everything. Because as I mentioned, "mama likes to use MINIMAL dishes while cooking/baking." But you do you.
Amber Langley Gill is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
If you decide to whip these cookies up in your kitchen, then fill me in on the 'gram @dr.amberlangleygill with how they turn out and if they are a family favorite as they are in our house!
Grit + Gumption,
SAVE + SHARE ON PINTEREST