Here's a sweet DIY all-natural body scrub recipe... it made sense to try it, since blueberries are known for being loaded with antioxidants which is great for the skin + the sugar is an excellent exfoliator. I like to add a wee bit of lavender essential oil to give it a relaxing-spa-like vibe.
So. Here you go, love!
ALL NATURAL BLUEBERRY BODY SCRUB
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil (room temperature)
- Few drops of lavender essential oil (optional)
- Take a gallon zip-lock bag and place blueberries in it, sealed. You will be CRUSHING the blueberries with a rolling pin and this will help reduce mess + aid in crushing.
- In a bowl combine the sugar as well as the crushed up blueberries.
- Stir in the coconut oil (+ optional lavender essential oil) into the blueberry/sugar mixture.
- Place mixture into individual sealed glass containers (air tight). Use within the week.
- To use, apply a small amount on your wet skin - scrub gently - then rinse off with water and pat dry. Avoid contact with open wounds, eyes or sensitive areas.
NOTE: Just a note, some folks even take it a wee bit further and use blue sprinkles in their blueberry body scrub.
I'm not that fancy ;)
If you have any tidbits about blueberries, then share below or shoot me an email -- I'd love to learn more. Because the more you know... the more you grow! Until then...
love + gumption.
Brain + Gut Health Explorer