as y'all prolly know... we try to limit dairy in this household for optimal gut health!
and ONE thing the hubster truly misses is ICE CREAM, I mean, we are from the South... so homemade vanilla ice cream from Blue Bell was kinda a staple growing up!
however, we learned how to whip up a delicious "ice" cream recipe while staying true to our nutritional plan and keeping everyone's gut happy 😉
((( plus it's loaded with superfoodies, so that's an added bonus for this mama-bear! )))
- 5 medium bananas, cut into 1" pieces and FROZEN (tip: don't freeze with peel on, that's a hassle you don't want)
- 1-2 tbsp of cacao powder (superfoods)
- toppings... which we opt for crushed walnuts
- 1 tsp of almond butter
- place frozen bananas in the food processor... cover and blend
- add cacao powder and almond butter...
- cover and blend for 3-4 minutes or until smooth and fluffy!
- serve with desired toppings and eat immediately!
if you try it, tag me and let me see!!!
love + gumption.
The Brain + Gut Health Explorer